BMC Helpline | COVID 19
For the attention of Stds. 5 to 10 - Secondary section
1) As per the guidelines prescribed by the officials, we have revised the ONLINE CLASSES TIME TABLE for Std.5 and kept it for only one hour every day. The class teacher - Ms. Dipti will communicate to you this revised and changed timetable on 22nd June 2020. Kindly follow the same.
2) Stds. 6 - 8 your class teachers will also communicate to you the changes in class teaching hours timings, limiting it to 2 hours as prescribed for you.. Your timetable remains the same with only a change in the duration of every class.
3) Std.8 Students please note all those of you who have applied for Hindi Entire need not attend the French composite class w.e.f. 22nd June 2020.
4) Stds. 9 & 10 you will follow the same timetable.
Dear Parents (Stds. 5 to 10) 2020-2021
1) It has been brought to my notice by teachers that quite a few number of students (from every class) have not yet enrolled themselves in the google classrooms. Your son will miss a lot of work, learning, activities etc. if he fails to do so immediately. He will also find it very difficult to catch up with the rest of his classmates who have already enrolled themselves.
2) It has also been observed by us that some students have enrolled themselves in the google classrooms with multiple email id's, some have their parents name on the id instead of the students etc. Please note all such students will not be permitted entry into the classrooms by the teachers when we begin to take attendance on 15th June 2020 onwards. Attendance will be taken in the name of the student only. Those who do not comply with this rule will be deleted from the google class. Hence kindly rectify all such errors if they have inadvertently been done by you. Kindly create only one email id for your son, following the explicit instructions on the school website.
27th May 2020
Dear Parents & Students (Std. 5 – Std. 10)
As mentioned in my earlier message to you, we will be taking Education to the next level which is Virtual Classrooms on Google’s GSuite for Education. For this we require you to create a Google / Gmail account for your Son / Ward. This account will be used in the Google Classroom.
Please follow the instructions below to setup an account for your Son / Ward:
1. Go to https://accounts.google.com and create a new account.
2. In the First Name Box – Please input your child’s Full Name and Surname e.g. Nathan DSouza.
3. In the Surname Box – Please input your child’s Standard and Class for the New Academic Year 2020 – 2021 e.g. Std 9
4. Create a username and password as per the requirements and availability of Google Accounts. Please note this down and keep this safely with you.
5. After mobile verification, as you proceed with creating a Google Account, you will be prompted to enter your Date of Birth. If your child’s age is below 13 please enter your (any one parent’s) date of birth instead.
6. After you have done this if you are using a mobile or tablet device please download the following apps from the Play / App store of your device: 1. Google Classroom and 2. Google Meet. Please do not sign in or launch the Google Classroom app yet. More instructions will follow soon.
Once again in the meantime Parents you are requested to make the necessary arrangements for internet connectivity and any smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop to be available to your child / ward to facilitate this online learning process.
To avail of this online facility which will benefit your son in his studies kindly complete the above task latest by 31st May 2020 as per the instructions given above. The staff will begin with online class presentations on 1st June 2020.
Stay home, stay safe and be healthy
Dear Parents & Students,
As you are aware of the current Covid-19 Pandemic situation, things will take some time to resume back to Normal. It is our endeavour to continue to serve you as teachers, even though we are unable to meet in School. To kick start the Academic Year 2020-2021 and to take Education to the next level, we are in the process of setting up Virtual Classrooms on Google’s GSuite for Education and will we soon keep you informed when we complete this process.
Fortunately for us we are one of the few schools in Mumbai who have managed to get an account for GSuite for Education as well as Microsoft 365 for Education. All this was made possible by our IT Specialist and Web designer Mr. Neil DSouza who pursued this endlessly with both Google and Microsoft.
Google Classroom is a virtual platform whereby students and parents can view, help their children study subjects taught and complete assignments given online. To enter a virtual classroom a list of class codes will be made available to you for each Standard soon. You can visit each class on your desktop or mobile and view multimedia content like videos, Power Point Presentations, Word Documents and PDF files.
In the meantime Parents you are requested to make the necessary arrangements for internet connectivity and any smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop to be available to your child / ward to facilitate this online learning process.
Till then stay home, stay safe and be happy.
Dear Parents (All sections)
I do hope and pray u all have been indoors, safe and healthy. I know for sure our students are longing to have normal days and a regular routine. We have managed thus far and am sure a few more days will not be that difficult if they are happily engaged in activities they like doing for eg. Music, reading, writing, playing board games, and honing their other skills of art, cooking, sketching, craft etc.
I am sure a few hours have been set aside for serious study as well. To help them with their on going studies i have uploaded on the school website many interesting sites and apps like Diksha app etc. Do make good use of it.
Help your children to view this lockdown time as a blessing which perhaps will not come again in a lifetime and hence make the most if it together. Please do not stress them out or pressurise them to do things they do not enjoy. Our children are reasonable and accommodating and if handled with love, understanding and care they will be happy as that is how childhood is meant to be.
We are all in this together and we will soon come out of it too.
Assuring each one of my prayers, best wishes and blessings
Archdiocese of Bombay - Emotional Wellness in times of COVID19 | Fr Godfrey D'sa
While making sure that we do what is necessary to stay safe from the virus, and we organize sufficient nourishing food to eat, we also need to make sure that we have the emotional strength and energy to cope with the present situation. Along with our physical immunity, we also need to ensure that our emotional immunity is strengthened, because a healthy body requires a healthy mind.
Fr Godfrey D'sa shares five simple things that we can do during these lockdown days to stay emotionally healthy.
Parents! please be patient with school teachers who are starting online classes.
Dear SXBA family - Staff, Students and Parents.
Happy feast of St. Joseph the worker and Happy Maharashtra Day.
Today is the last day of the school academic year 2019-2020. Though we began the year well, worked hard throughout somehow the end of this year was something unknown, unforseen and beyond one's imagination. However despite the many challenges faced we have much to be grateful for the blessings that came alongwith the lockdown - time for self, parents, family, loved ones and God.
I have kept posting various notices, articles, programmes and information for your guidance, growth, self development, reading and learning and i do hope u have made good use of the same. You can also avail of the text books from ebalbharati.
Students of Std. 5 to 8 you have been promoted to the next grade. Students of Std.9 your promotion to Std.10 depends on how well you have fared throughout the last year.
As and when i am officially informed of the reopening of schools for the new academic year 2020-2021, I will keep u informed. Hence keep looking up our school website often.
Till we next meet do keep safe, healthy, happy, be helpful and pray for our world, country, state, city, home and ourselves too.
At this point in time due to the lockdown, we are unable to furnish you with any information with regard to school, fees etc.
We request you to stay indoors and stay safe.
Once we overcome this phase and life resumes to normal, we will message you all the details as and when possible.
In the mean time you are requested to retain the school text books of your children and not to dispose them as they can be used to form a Book Bank in school to be used by our students once school reopens.
Kindly note: Please do not exit your current SXBA WhatsApp Groups of the School. We will be using this channel of communication to keep you informed and updated till School Re-opens for the new Academic Year.
Office bearers will continue to share any update that is available and necessary.
Note: Please do not send personal requests/queries.
Once again we request you to maintain discipline on the class groups and do not post any updates (pictures, videos, news clips etc) with regard to the current situation.
We look forward to your understanding and support.
God Bless You and take care of you and your loved ones.
Dear Teachers, Parents, Students (Stds. 1 to 10)
As per the circular issued by the Education department , teaching learning process must continue on line during lockdown period. For this purpose Teachers and Parents have to download the Telegram App from Google Play Store. Then click on the link given below to join mcgmedu. The link is https://t.me/mcgmedu. After that parents join the Standard group in which the child is studying now. The parents after joining should inform your class representative. The Class rep. to inform the Vice President PTA - Mrs. Sarika Singh only the nos. Per class that has joined the group.
Notice Std. 10
To check result of aptitude test-
1) Open mahacareermitra app.
2) Set language to English
3) Enter seat number
4) Click on view report
5) Students can download their result
6) Students can get their course related detail information too there.
Std 10th aptitude test report will be available on 01/05/2020 on the website www.mahacareermitra.in from 1:00 pm.